Prometheus

11 Oct

I took my sweet time to write this review because I think there was over hype about Prometheus, mainly my fault, the sci-fi pedestal I have put Ridley Scott (rightfully earned) on and the fact that I had to watch again to make sure my original feelings were real.

I want to meet my maker, but he kind of freaks me out!

I want to start by saying that I am a sucker for aliens and space (E.T kindly excluded from this group), and my expectations are so high that I even ventured my viewing into experimental alien movies (Cowboys and Aliens… why… god … why).

So, I was watching and I was very scared, the feeling of fear was imminent and I knew something so very wrong was going to happen so, I was hooked, goosebumps, from the get go. This sense of intimidation kept me for a big part of the movie, I should say maybe half of it, because after that I was dropped like a watermelon.

I knew what was the purpose of the trip to this galaxy and the motives behind pretty much 90% of the people, but it was the hidden agenda of the remaining 10% that managed to turn the movie into a chicken without a head. So why all the mayhem? why all the free stuff? I know it takes place just sweet 70 years from now and is the prequel to Alien BUT, it felt rushed and messy, and the motives of the “boss” still remained a mystery to me (If I missed them please tell me on the comments).

I will watch anything with the actors on this film, they were amazing, it shows how talent and good direction can bring to us true prequels, it was the writing that was flaky to me.

This review went long, but one more thing:

Something funny about the fact that is the ginger dude that gets it first! 🙂

By Latrosa

 

Advertisements

3 Responses to “Prometheus”

  1. Terry Malloy's Pigeon Coop October 12, 2012 at 3:16 am #

    I was so disappointed with Prometheus. I agree that the writing was so poor; the character development was near non-existent. The film was billed as an answer to all sorts of questions but answered virtually none of them and asked a million more.

    • LaTrosa October 12, 2012 at 10:10 am #

      Yes, and it seems like it was on purpose…. For another sequel to the prequel 😃

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. The Popped Corn Thanks you! « The Popped Corn - December 31, 2012

    […] Mention to Michael Fassbender for fantastic roles this […]

Have your say

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: